Aadhaar Virtual ID Generate VID:
We can generate aadhaar virtual ID from the Aadhaar UIDAI- Unique Identification Authority of India official website, whoever having their aadhaar cards they can only Generate their Virtual ID (VID). It simple two-step process to get Vrtual ID. virtual ID is randomly generated 16- digits number link with your aadhaar card
What is VID for Aadhaar Virtual ID generate:
- Aaadhaar virtual ID (VID) is the 16-digit random number, it is temporary and it can be regenerated after some period of time.
- Virtual ID is internally linked with your aadhaar card number.
- Virtual ID should be generated by aadhaar cardholders only. Identities like Authentication user agency (AUA) and KUA (KYC user agency) can not generate virtual id without aadhaar cardholder.
- Authentication may be performed using VID in the same manner to using aadhaar number
- Virtual ID to be generated for some period of time, it is valid for minimum one day (UIDAI not given confirmation on validity time).
- After the time period, if aadhaar cardholder wants to use VID in another location, he has to be re-generate again, aadhaar cardholder can re-generate VID one day after, he has generated the first one.
- This particular facility you can access on the UIDAI website.
- For obtaining the Virtual ID aadhaar cardholder should register their mobile number with aadhaar card and your Register Mobile Number have in UIDAI database
- UIDAI can set a minimum validity time for Virtual ID and therefore the user would be ready to replace their ID from time to time.
- From date, June First, 2018, all the authorization agencies and e-KYC services should accept virtual ID for authentication.
- UIDAI has also introduced one other feature known as 'Limited KYC' that provides need-based or restricted details of a user to an authorized agency.
Where we can use VID after Aadhaar Virtual ID Generate
Aadhaar cardholders can use this virtual ID service in some different places like
- Opening a fresh bank account
- Take advantage of government subsidies.
- Applying for a new passport
- The purchase of new insurance policies
Aadhaar Virtual ID Generate Process:
For Aadhaar Virtual ID generate Aadhaar cardholders need to open UIDAI - Unique Identification Authority of India official website https://uidai.gov.in/
from here in the Aadhaar services column, you need to find Virtual ID (VID) Generator
Click on that
And it redirected to Virtual Id Generated page https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/vidgeneration,
In this page, cardholder have to enter the aadhaar card number in Aadhaar Number column
Then enter the right security code which is given on the right side box
Then Click Send OTP tab
Now you can get One Time Password (OTP) on your Registered mobile Number which is already linked with aadhaar card
After getting OTP, enter On the Enter OTP column
Then you need select one option Generate VID or Retrieve VID
Then you will get Aadhaar Vitrual ID (VID)